Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Quoter not Quoting!

When I was in High School, I was helping to plan and prepare for a Youth Dance being held at the Sheboygan Ward building. My brother had taken point on decorations, and then my friend Jared and I got to help with food. I was perfectly ok with that. I happen to very much like food. Jared and I were able to work with our employer at the time, Coldstone Creamery, to acquire through official channels two full sized pans of ice cream, and I believe a smaller one or two of sorbet. As the Black Eyed Peas said later, tonight's gonna be a good night!
When we were on our way to pick up the nummy, icey treat, I was quoting movies and song lyrics at an amazing pace. Seemingly everything anyone said that drive I could find in a movie. Before I go any further, let me explain that almost my entire family has a tendency to join in on quote-fest at some point. Tom and I do it the most, Brandon and Briana do it rather often, and many times more accurately than Tom and myself. Tyner likes to join in as well, but my mom picks her moments. She recognizes very well when to deliver a line and recently is on a "Best time to use that Quote" of the week award since its inauguration. On this particular day, she was slightly fed up; laughing, but probably wishing that I could carry on a conversation using my own words. So she gave me a challenge.
She told me to see if I could make it from Coldstone all the way to Church (an 8 MINUTE DRIVE!!!) without quoting a single song, movie, show, or commercial (you would be surprised how quotable some commercials are.) I made it to UW Sheboygan, about 3 minutes, before a commercial surged uninvited through my vocal chords. My mom just laughed at me.
If I ever annoy you with movie/song/television/youtube video quotes, please excuse me. It is very much who I am, much like my hair color and goofy smile. I could change it, but I don't think there is a problem with it, and it would take too much to alter it, and it is something that I happen to like most of the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment