Monday, October 17, 2011

"He was a pimp'' ''I was a pimp" -The Other Guys

That was a revelation for Allen Gamble. Terry Hoitz had been telling him since Allen's past had been uncovered that he was a pimp, not running a simple dating service. He was a pimp, and a very successful one, I gather.
Have you ever realized that you weren't who you thought you were? Maybe somebody broke the glass on the fact that you have an affinity for using like in every sentence, chewing with you mouth open, making snide comments about the people who walk past, or not passing the ball in a pick up game of 3-on-3. Maybe you have a tendency to forget to clean the bathroom when it is your turn in the rotation, don't put in an equal effort on a group project, or talk during movies, telling everyone who hasn't watched the movie to 'Watch this.'
I think I may talk football too much. Sorry if you don't like it. I also talk Ryan Reynolds, clothes, musicals, and Ryan Reynolds, if that is your fancy. I also have a condition where I fall asleep if I am comfortable, so if you see my eyes fluttering in a conversation, it's not you, it's me. I tell stories of other people, cause I have few about myself that I find entertaining, so my stories almost always start with "I have a friend who..." Additionally, I never come up with original plans, and never make a certain decision. You will here a lot of 'sure,' 'I can do that,' and 'I don't know' from me if we are making plans. I also have trouble giving an honest opinion.
I have my faults, and recognize many of them. Now, I haven't voiced (keyboarded?) all of them here, but I do try and work on these shortcomings. I know that I will never be perfect, but I know I want to be, so I  try and work on it every day. Please help me. Politely point things out to me that I can work on, especially if you are willing to help me with it if I ask.

No comments:

Post a Comment