Thursday, October 20, 2011

How does she know, you love her? How does she know, she's yours?

I now want to watch Enchanted again, but Youtube is sucking.
Watched the Season 3 season finale for Lie to Me tonight. It was touching. At the very end of the episode, Cal's daughter asked him a very touching question, which got me thinking. (For those who want to see it and haven't stop reading now, and skip ahead to where it says CONTINUE ADVENTURE ON PAGE 9)

Emily, the daughter, asked Cal if he loved Foster, his close co-worker and friend. He responded easily with a yes, at which point Emily prodded with a more pressing "do you REALLY love her?" type question. He paused before saying that he did indeed love her. Emily looked confused for a moment, then asked what he was waiting for, meaning why he hadn't tried to pursue anything with her. Cal simply said he didn't know.

CONTINUE ADVENTURE ON PAGE 9
                                                                                                                                                      Page 9
I am in a similar point in my life. There are things that I know I want, that I know are in my power to reach for and work for, but that I continue to put off. Now I'm not saying I need to profess my love for someone, but I have been in that situation, and I was scared. To segue, when it comes to the fairer sex, I have no courage whatsoever. I have found that I can flirt shamelessly, and yet if it is a girl that I genuinely like, I lock up. I have trouble telling them anything about how I like them, and even, at times, get more bullying than usual in an attempt to cover up my true feelings. (bullying in the sense that I like to point out something that I actually like, insult it, and then apologize emphatically while giving them an actual compliment to it)
In other aspects of my life, I have yet to reach out to the Green Bay Packers and ask for an internship in their scouting department, or quality control, or statistics scribe, whatever. I mean, I REALLY want to work for the Packers, in most any aspect that was available to me. But instead, I apply for things I don't want to do, because if I got turned down for something I wanted, it would hurt too much. If I didn't accomplish what I didn't really want to do, meh. Whatever.
I guess, Lightman and I have something in common: neither of us want to lose the thing we care most about. But if I don't go for that job, I know I will never get it. So why not go for it? I have a good chance... Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment