Tuesday, October 4, 2011

dang i want some red pepper humus with guacamole!!

I bought two bags of microwavable burritos today, and they tasted better than I thought they would. The problem is that they aren't very filling, and I am still afraid to look at the nutrition facts and ingredients.
I spent much of my day today answering emails, trying to get UPS to pick up a box of delivered damaged goods, and being told that I am going to be a banker, no longer a teller, and what that all may constitute, and ended the night waiting an hour for my parents to pick me up, because I had bout dinner and didnt want to run home with it... guess they didn't love me enough to even pick up food. (cue: tears and sobbing)
During this time, I decided that I should read some more of the Book of Mormon. Unfortunately, breaking out a book while on the job, especially on the teller line, would be a little bit of a PR bomb for the bank, myself, and maybe the Church as well. Fortunately, I could spend the hours I usually spend on NFL.com and the Packers' website surfing on LDS.org and reading the scriptures on the church website. This is one of the coolest things out there. Instead of having to carry around a large, cumbersome, heavy book, I can simply bring it up online, and I can even log a journal online now. Anytime I find a scripture or talk or article that are touching, interesting, or enlightening I can keep an easily transported record on the inter web!
The more I read the scriptures and study the gospel, the more I learn from it. I can apply the things I learn from people who lived up to thousands of years ago in my own life. We have been told that the Book of Mormon was written for us in the latter-days, compiled in a way that we were more able to apply to our lives.
I have always been interested in history, and using history to plan for the future."Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it." So many generations of men and women have fallen away from the plan of salvation, have let themselves be led astray by the enticing of the evil spirit, have turned their backs on true happiness, and denied themselves the ability to live forever and eternally in the presence of our Heavenly Father.
We have been given the Bible, the Book of Mormon, Doctrine and Covenants, and modern Prophets. It is like having a tutor with you while you take a test. How can we be so prideful as to purposefully ignore the advice of a tutor, who happens to have the professor on the phone answering his questions. How can we be so blind as to think that we should trust another student, who has never attended a single class, what the correct answers are?
I am one doctors visit and an interview process away from sending my mission papers to Salt Lake City. I am mere months away from changing my life forever. I still have no idea where I am going, but I can't wait to go. All I can do is pray every day for guidance, direction, understanding and strength, and search the scriptures, pondering over their words and teachings.
May you all have the spirit of peace and understanding in your live, and may you find pure joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment