Tuesday, November 1, 2011

'did you hear that?' 'it's just your imagination!...scratch that, it really is a homocidal maniac.'

I do not do well with scary movies, thrillers, horrors, or anything of the like. I have gotten to the point where I can watch 'Scooby Doo' with out ever having to cover my eyes, though!
This time of year makes it a little awkward when I hang out with friends. Last night, per tradition, we watched movies fitting for the season; Simpsons Halloween episodes, 'Plan 9 From Outer Space', and '1408'. The first I was able to take like a man, or like a typical episode of Scooby Doo. The second turned out to be a comedy, although the producers of the film didn't know it at the time. The last one was different. I ending up not being too scared of it, but that is because I spent much of the movie watching through parted fingers. Even without that, it would have not been too scary, however, I have a rampant imagination that doesn't let me get to sleep at night if there is something  haunting going through my head. After watching 'The Ring,' at Bingham's Halloween extravaganza, I didn't fall asleep until 6 am. I watched 'Sixth Sense' in theaters and couldn't sleep at night (though I did fall asleep in the theater for 20 minutes, missing the part with Mischa Barton). After watching 'Seven' at school, I was freaked out, although the movie wasn't that bad; it was the music. I just thought something horrifying and frightening was about to happen. What keeps me up at night is not the movie itself; it is what my imagination does with me once it gets dark.
In other words, I am glad that it is now November, so the most frightening thing in the future is thinking about how much weight I am going to gain come Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment