Monday, November 28, 2011

On your mark, set, RANDOMIZE!!!!

I borrowed the first two seasons of Supernatural from my buddy Brian with the intention of watching them on our portable dvd player on the way to and back from Tennessee. A small problem occurred, though. The dvd player began to freak out right as the first spirit started fritzing all the electronics in the show. Needless to say, I freaked out a bit in the car before realizing that the dvd player was in no way affected by the vengeful dead spirits in the show. When I calmed down, I got angry. I had nothing else to do in the car. It was night, so I couldn't read or write. The only thing I brought for the 10 hour ride was the dvds, and now I had lost them. However, I was still able to polish off 44 episodes of the show in a four day period, mainly by taking two naps a day, as much to get sleep as a self defense when I needed a break from the overly loving girls, and sitting in bed watching the show from 8 pm, when my cousins went to bed, to about 4am, when i could no longer keep my eyes open. I cannot wait to get the next 4 seasons! Sam and Dean are entertaining, heroic, good looking, witty, and good family loving folk. I do not agree with the spiritual aspect of the show (my dad tried to give me a lecture on how weak other men's minds are to embrace this sort of dogma.), but I enjoy it in the same way I enjoy Harry Potter (my dad also attacked these books), George Lucas' Willow story line, and the previously mentioned writings of Terry Pratchett.

How bout that Wisco Football? I think we can call Wisconsin the Lion tamer state, seeing as how the Packers held the Detriot fireworks show in check for 46+ minutes and the Badgers slapped 45 points on a Nittany Lions team that was averaging less than 2tds a game to opponents, AND held them to 7 points, AND forced 4 turnovers. In these two games, Wisconsin teams outplayed the Lion teams to the tune of 73-22, a plus 6 turnover margin, and Montee Ball with 4 scores on the ground, moving him withing striking distance of Barry Sanders' record 39 TDs on a season (with 2 games to go, Ball has 34 TDs. LEt's get it done!).

I was bored today, so I watched and hour of outtakes from Psych. It was entertaining. I have some new vulgarities (Rupert Grint's knickers, Walrus Teets, Sky diving Judy Denche, to name a few), and a new phrase of reference (east bumsex is a place, according to Carlton Lassiter). The episode I got to watch today (man are they slow at posting new episodes!) was very entertaining. I was laughing my shoes off every time Gus tried to use any sort of anti-vampire technique.

I still have never gone black friday shopping, OR cyber monday shopping. I congratulate my dear friend Adam on his mission call. I continue to laugh at the Wizards of the Unseen University. I like candles. I ate a lot of yogurt today. I have a lot of deli meat to take to work tomorrow. I missed my siblings at Thanksgiving this year. I did not get to play football this weekend. I am very much looking forward to playing in Ice Bowl III, and have actually come up with a workout schedule that allows me to prepare for both swimming and football. I have my final doctors appointment tomorrow for my mission papers. I really want cheese right now. I think I am going to have to buy eggs in the morning. I have rediscovered my love for Mumford and Sons. BYU channel is pretty awesome. Even though I do not go to school, I am still looking forward to Semester Break. I want to coach football.

I think that empties my mind of its topics for the moment. Cheers, all!

1 comment:

  1. I have never been able to get into Supernatural. The bad acting drives me batty, especially on the part of Dean. Wow.

    ReplyDelete