Wednesday, April 1, 2015

To teach!

I have recently been teaching a lot of lessons with the Sister Missionaries in my ward. It has been wonderful. I also attend the Gospel Principles class instead of Gospel Doctrine. Though I miss Br. Feinberg's wonderful lessons that extend far beyond the information found in the teaching manual, I love the simplicity of the class, and the lessons, and how I continue to be reinforced in my testimony from those lessons.
One thing I love about teaching is having to learn it. Specifically with regards to Gospel topics, I can find nuggets of truth and strength that lift me up why I am in sorrow, or empower me at a time of weakness. I have never once turned to the Lord in a plea for nourishment and been denied. I have always found an answer or a story that related to me and could point out to me "everything will be fine."
Being able to teach and testify of that even further strengthens me. I can see that changes being wrought in their life as they turn unto the Lord ever more, and rely on their testimony of Him. That is evidence to me of its truth.
(Written 12/10/15)

No comments:

Post a Comment