Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Switching it up on us!


It is April 1st. April Fools for those with a sense of humor. I ran out the door of my house at 2:30 am to avoid such shenanigans, and headed to work.
Anyone that has read my blogs in the past probably knows I like football. While checking the Packers' website, I came to find that Vic Ketchman, the wonderful blog writer for the team, switched around the basis of his daily blog, Ask Vic. Instead of him answering the thousands of questions fans send him each day, he asked us a series of ten questions. Here are the ten questions, and my answer follows each one.

1. Did Mike McCarthy make the right decision in relinquishing the play-calling duties?
     I am a huge fan of McCarthy. I wasn't when he was hired, but he has proven himself to me time and again. This latest action is cause for slight concern in my mind, however. I think that giving up the offensive play calling is going to better the defense and special teams by allowing him soend his time evenly, or fairly, between the three types of play/ers (Offense, Defense, Special Teams). I would also like to say I think Capers is a great defensive mind. I think the offense will make a step back, at worst, the defense will take a step forward, at minimum, and the Special teams will improve as well. This leads me to believe the improvement overall for the team makes it the right call.

2. Following the NFC title game in Seattle did you: A. Cry? B. Say a bad word? C. Turn off the TV and go to bed? D. Blame the play-calling? E. Blame the playing? F. Blame Lance Easley?
This is tough for me to admit... but not really. I cried. I said MANY bad words. I blamed the players. On top of all that, I turned off the TV immediately following the OT TD, went downstairs and pounded on my punching bag for a while, then changed into cold gear and did hill sprints for the next half hour. It was a bad night for me.

3. The Packers should draft: A. Inside linebacker? B. Cornerback? C. Defensive lineman? D. Tight end? E. Website editor/columnist?
I agree with Vic on this one; the Packers should draft BAP. Now depending on who is available at pick 30, I can't say for certain who we should draft. I am heavily leaning defense, though. Overall, I think we should be looking at drafting (In order of importance in my opinion)
ILB (Paul Dawson, Denzel Perryman, Benardrick McKinney, Eric Kendricks, Laurenzo Mauldin)
CB (Marcus Peters, Jalen Collins, Kevin Johnson, PJ Williams, Ronald Darby, Byron Jones, Josh Shaw)
DL (Eddie Goldman, Carl Davis, Michael Bennett)
OL (Andrus Peat, La'el Collins, Ereck Flowers, Jake Fisher, Laken Tomlinson)
TE (Maxx Williams, Clive Walford)
RB (Jay Ajayi, Tevin Coleman, Duke Johnson, Jeremy Langford)
OLB (Bud Dupree, Owamagbe Odighuidzwa,Eli Harold, Shaq Thompson, Danielle Hunter, Laurenzo Mauldin)
S
WR
QB


4. Packers fans: A. Are the best? B. Are the worst? C. Are overrated? D. Have the longest arms? E. Don’t make enough noise?
Of course I'm going to say "A"!!! But really, I think that the Pack's fans are definitely some of the best in the US, if not the world.

5. Free agency is a trap for fools: A. Agree? B. Disagree?
Agree, to an extent. Free agency is not where it should be expected to build a championship team. It is a great place to get one or two players to plug a hole while young players grow into roles. It is almost never worth the cost. Even in video games i avoid free agency and try and negotiate all my guys before it gets to that point.

6. Will the Packers win the NFC North in 2015?
Yes. I am always afraid the Bears will figure out they are better than they have played and win some games, but everyone else is too much in flux to be a huge challenge for the division. If the Pack is healthy, they are North champs.

7. The Packers’ leading receiver in 2015 will be: A. Jordy Nelson? B. Randall Cobb? C.Davante Adams? D. Jeff Janis?
Jordy will lead in yards, Cobb in receptions.

8. Should Clay Matthews remain at inside linebacker?
NO! I think he should play most of his snaps at OLB, with some time at ILB. Players, not plays. He is going to get after the quarterback or ball carrier anyway, but his sacking ability is maximized outside. Get some big hitters inside (McKinney, maybe give Perry a try.)

9. If the Wisconsin Badgers win the NCAA basketball championship, shouldAaron Rodgers agree to do an interview?
Meh, I don't care.

10. What do you dislike most about Vic: A. He’s a Steelers fan? B. He’s mean to people? C. He doesn’t pronounce Green Bay the right way? D. He’s a know-it-all? E. He tells me what he thinks instead of what I think?
I think the worst would be 'know-it-all' esque. I got into a debate with him where I used statistics to back up my argument, and he hasn't answered a question of mine since. I mean, I have never made the page, but he doesn't even respond to my emails now. I think he may have blocked me, but that is okay. I don't like it, but what's a guy to do! I really like how he maintains who he is as a Steelers fan while writing for the Packers. Respect!

No comments:

Post a Comment