Wednesday, April 1, 2015

In the words of the great Ulysses Everett McGill "Hmm, ma hair!"

I recently found a post on buzzfeed about a bunch of guys who rock the undercut. The title I read was along the lines of "27 guys with the undercut that will ruin your life," but upon clicking it, it stated these 27 guys with rocking hair will awaken you... sexually. Weeeeeeeeell, not exactly what I signed up for, but that first guy was wearing what looked like a really cool, comfty, and warm sweater... so I kept going through it.
So I thought I would critique it a little bit, as well as compare to what I think I could accomplish with my hair. There are a couple that are plain impossible for me to do. My hair is heavy, thick, and coarse. It does what it wants, for the most part (especially if I showered, and then go to bed at any point within 3 hours). Also, a beard seems to go very well with an undercut. Good to know!!! Cause I can't grow one. Also, soccer and the undercut go very well together. I think the person who made this list is probably Euro, because there wasn't a single American football player on the list (of course, some of their hairstyles are simply horrendous). The individual who put the list together also has a thing for the tattoo'd and pierced (some of which are done well, others of whom the only think I found dashing at ALL about them is the hair).
So, what I got out of it is that I need a great deal of product to make my hair look as dashing as theirs. Also, a professional hair cut. I'm pretty good at doing my own short sides, longer back, long top look, but it was a huge challenge to even get a semblance of a fade going from my 3 inch front locks  to my then ranging from 2-2.5 inch back/top/middle section of my head. It was a nightmare! I screwed up so many times and just said 'oh, just some layering' whenever someone noticed how choppy it was. No more doing my own fades and layers! back on topic, I need a lot of work put into my hair to make it look as good. It is work I am probably not willing to do. What that means is that I need to be winsome and handsome and wonderful some other way... gots ta learn ta wink like a champ! I guess girls like that sort of thing, too.
Also, instagram. I had no idea it was as big as it was until halfway through summer! Wow! Seemingly everyone is on it. Even the General Authorities of the LDS Church!
I also found a wonderful site call Combatant Gentleman. It also testifies that beards are cool as of this post. Pretty good suits at a great price, too. They report that they keep their mark up down (still encouraging tailoring, though) so that more men can look good... and also if you can get 3 suits for $600, the other $600 can be spent on a great suit (I don't quite get that. my suit budget hasn't even hit $500 yet). I don't even know how I got on this topic, but suits are awesome. I have been meaning to get my suits tailored for a long time. When I was in high school, off the rack suits looked aMAZing on me. 50 pounds later, I have these things called shoulders. They look great in a fitted suit, but in order to get a suit that fits my back, it swims around at my waist. If I but one that makes my hips looks great, I can't button it for fear of going all Chris Farley on it.
So, on the topic of suits, who else believes that we are forever out of the mode of men wearing suits every day? I love looking back at pictures and seeing a guy wearing slacks with a button up and s'penders WORKING IN THE GARDEN!!! Or at the beach. Or playing catch. I find that men (my self WHOLEY included in this) just don't have the class. Of course, I don't have the finances to allocate to consistently wearing suits, and I sweat really easily (I walked to work in shorts today because it crept over freezing), and I like being able to just run around or lounge in the clothes that I wear all the time. So for me, shorts/jeans and tees are the common. Maybe once I retire I can wear suits all the time...
Well this post became random! I'm going to finish with a story from my childhood. I was a young little boy. I loved the knights of King Arthur. One year, I get Sir Lancelot as a gift. He was incredible! I had a horse, lance, sword, and was about the size of a GI Joe. Beautiful toy. So my first week with him, he was being chased by a dragon, so I buried him in my neighbor's sand box. I immediately dug him up... but I never found him!!! I have replayed it for years. I never knew what became of my cherished toy. I fear the Sarlacc Pit monster must have eaten him... rest in peace Lancelot (and Fett)!
(Written 12/13/14)

No comments:

Post a Comment