Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Just throwing this out there.

I was searching through Harrison Ford's IMDB profile to see when what movies where made. Last Crusade was made the year I was born. Ford made $10,000 for filming A New Hope, and $25 million plus 20% of the profits for filming K-19. He is the third highest grossing actor behind Eddie Murphy and Tom Hanks. He is a professional grade carpenter and built his own home in Jackson Hole, WY. He dropped out of Ripon College. He is also an accomplished pilot. Read his bio on IMDB, and you will learn a lot of fun stuff.
One of the coolest things I learned about him is that he is going to play Col. Hyrum Graff in the March, 2013 release of Ender's Game.
I think I just peed a little I'm so excited.
For those who do not know, Ender's Game (and the subsequent Bean series) is one of my favorite literary works. It is set in the future, and children are taken to a space station to be trained as commanders of the star fleets that protect earth from the Buggers, a race of beings seemingly intent on destroying the entire human population. Written by Orson Scott Card, the book is touching, exciting, and wonderful. The characters are fragile yet powerful, alienated from the readers in the paths forced upon them, yet their personal struggles allow people to form a connection. Okay, to be honest, I feel like I am just spewing words out. IN order to fully appreciate the book, READ IT!!!
Continuing on the train of thoughts regarding books, I just purchased Game of Thrones on Amazon. I have heard decent to good things about the books, and look forward to tackling them.
Continuing on the Amazon track, I also bought a Playstation 1 memory card and Armored Core: Master of Arena. This game is incredible. For a brief look at it, click here. It is the intro sequence for the game. You go through a mission story line, am arena; fighting against pre-designed opponents to earn renown and money. You are constantly upgrading your machine to get more armor, fire power, save on ammunition costs, etc. It is just, SOOOO GOOOOOOD!!!!!
going back to movies... I like Redbox now.
I have rented Capt. America, Red Riding Hood, and Warrior this week. I thoroughly enjoyed the first and third, but Red Riding Hood tried to be too sexual and seductive, and it's freaking Amanda Seyfried, who I have never found at all attractive. The best part about the movie (SPOILER ALERT!!! BE WARNED!!! I AM REVEALING IMPORTANT INFO ABOUT THE MOVIE!!!) was that Red's dad was the werewolf, and he plays Bella's dad in Twighlight. So his daughter picks the Vamps, and he goes with the Wolves. IRONY!!!

END OF SPOILER!!!

Warrior was great. The movie was entertaining, and the fighting was so much fun to watch. Better than that, it was a good movie. Well written, and touching. I almost cried for the last half hour of the film due to a single frightening scene (not traditionally scary, but involving a topic that came to light in my family conversations this past week).
Other than that, got my tracking shoes for my mission. They are pseudo-motorcycle boots, and I love them. They will handle the Sacramento mountains with ease!! I also got my suit from Du Bois, but it definitely needs some altering. I have a 41 chest, with a size 38 shoulder width, a size 38 jacket length, and a size 40 sleeve length. Maybe if I stop doing pull ups and push ups I can fit in a standard size 38.
And on that note, I am trying to lose 12 pounds in 4 weeks... although the triple brat I ate last night and the Tombstone pizza on my plate may not be the best way to go about doing that.

1 comment:

  1. I just finished reading the Ender series a while ago, and I'm actually not on board with that bit of casting. It just doesn't sit right with me. I actually take issue with a couple of the casting choices, but most of all Valentine. Oh, so wrong. I also didn't really like Warrior. It tried to mean something there in the end, but I never cared about Tommy, he was just too unpleasant. No character appeal. And I think that "sport" is kind of idiotic. Red Riding Hood was silly. Captain America was good though!

    ReplyDelete