Sunday, April 1, 2012

It is April Fools day... splendid.

So I started off my day by arriving at work early. Why? So that I could hide in a trash cubby that we have in order to frighten the pants off my Assistant Manager, who was opening with me. It was set up wonderfully except for one small detail; the size of the cubby. Now I have a 6' 2'' arm span, and thick legs, so I did not fit very well in the narrow closet space. In addition, my AM was late getting to work. 15 minutes after locking myself in, I was sweating profusely on my GameBoy (Pokemon Yellow), my legs had cramped, and it felt like my ankle broke when I sneezed. I had to get out, but I was stuck. I had to wait until my AM arrived in order get out, and by then I was whining like a kitten, and was in no mood to try and startle anyone.
There are the classic Fool's Day jokes; saran wrap on the toilet seat or doorway, getting engaged/married/breaking up on Facebook, putting meat in a vegetarian dish, pretending to get hit by a car, hanging dog poop on your RA's door knob, shoving an entire torn up phone book under someones door so that the door gets jammed, freezing a can of shaving cream, then puncturing it and leaving it in someones room, or dine and dashing, but leaving your waitress (who is also your friend) a note saying it is April Fools and that they can get the money from you when they come by to make a deposit of that weekends tip money (not that I did that one today... cheers Maryl!!!), and so on.
I have always enjoyed watching pranks being pulled, but I don't think I will try and fit myself into such a small space again any time soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment