Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Does this make me the ugly boy at the prom?

Happy Pi day, everyone. In addition, Happy 133rd B-day, dear old (decomposed type old) Albert Einstein.


I feel like someone has postponed Christmas (or any other highly anticipated celebration... I got it! Let me cross this out and start over)

I feel like someone has postponed New Years. There I was, Welsch's Sparkling Grape juice at the ready. I had already bought a funny movie to watch with my friends, and loaded up on pizzas, chips, candy, and noise makers. I was sooooo freakin' Scout (prepared? yeah, I agree. Really loose, bad pun). And then, on the way over to my destination, a police officer pulls me over, comes up to my window, asks for license and registration, and then says, drawling, "Yup, I got a message here says that you can't be out reveling in this here celebration of ours" (snorts, and hacks an oyster at a passing bunny) "I got it on authority that you can't celebrate till the fifth of January." He smiles, a greasy plug of chew slightly exposed in his lower lip. "You get on home now, got me?"
Such let down. How deflating would that be? To be told you cannot celebrate your favorite non-denominational holiday? Or your birthday?... Actually, my grandma's funeral was on my birthday. Needless to say, THAT one was delayed!!!
I have been on edge for months, waiting and expecting. And where am I? Still at home.
I guess this is what I need; to learn patience and accept that I cannot control everything, shouldn't try to, and to work on those things I have power to influence.
Well, "AAAAAlll I gotta do is prayin', and fastin', and pon'drin', and readin'. Just do it, and after I do, I will be caaaaaalled."

1 comment:

  1. I... just don't get it. But I kind of liked it anyway?

    ReplyDelete