Monday, April 30, 2012

How could I make a man out of you?

I am so excited. I was on iwastesomuchtime yesterday (it is one of my favorite sites. I have gone through every post they have put up and daily look at the newest posts), and I found a thing of wonder. I shall preface the revealing of my discovery with some very slight background; I am closing in on 23 years of age, and I have yet to do anything that I find noteworthy (especially since I cannot sing very well... ok, dumb pun). I have loose plans on what to do in the future so that I can feel more accomplished, but I was unsure as to what. Now, I have direction. Behold, THE MAN CARD!!! This simple card gives me goals to be met, heights to reach for, and direction. To clarify, I am not going to design my entire life around this card (and honestly I cannot accomplish everything on the card. Tobacco and scotch are out of the question, and Steve McQueen is unattainable), but There are a few things on there that I deem are manly that I think would be pretty cool to accomplish. By using this card, I can also come up with a few replacement 'manliness' criteria so that I can also have 15 goals.
On a completely unrelated note, I suggest the movie Chaos Theory. It has Ryan Reynolds, and deals with a man who made a list of everything he was going to do with his life, until something changed that completely. He then goes through the rest of his life making his decisions on the whims of chance; still writing his choices down, but then picking them at random. It is a very fun, yet still touching movie.
Captain Random has averted my attention to the Roncalli Auction. For everyone who doesn't know (which is most people), my mom works as a Business manager, and every year becomes stressed out over the Annual Roncalli Auction. This year, she had a great idea for it; the first item sold in the Oral Auction would be "The Best Seat in the House," a table for 4 in the middle of the auction hall serviced by a personal waiter, a $200 tab, and all items won would be delivered to your home free of charge. My mom asked me to be the waiter, on the condition that I wear my kilt with a frill fronted dress shirt and bow tie. I agreed, and added my pink Chucks to the mix. It was a very fun night, though in the future I would like to be more involved in the auction itself, cause I really wanted the suit that was auctioned off!
I would like to close with a statement of gratitude; thank you, friends and family, for all the support that has brought me to where I am today. As I prepare to leave for Sacramento, I am realizing more and more how very much I will miss you. These next two years will be a glorious, taxing, ad rewarding time for me. Thank you everyone for what you have done to help me, and thank you for being who you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment