Monday, April 16, 2012

I count this as progress

I had my day planned out before I even went to bed. I was going to clean my room, do my laundry, renew my license at the DMV, pay off my bill for my dentist visit, and then go to a track meet at North High this afternoon. So this morning, I started to knock things off my list. I drove to the DMV, and i eventually found out that you cannot renew your license more than 90 days before it expires, so I didn't have to do anything there. Then I went to the dentist, but my bill had been taken care of previously, so I had even less to do.
This made me very happy. It gave me more time to... to... well, do stuff. To be completely honest, I do not know what to do with much of my time. If my leg were healthy, I would go for a run, but it is VERY windy, so I would go to Planet Fitness to stationary bike for an hour while playing Gameboy or reading. I would top it off with some Zumba or the like in my room. If I had a great place to practice, I would be doing parkour. If I had a bow and a place to shoot, I would practice archery. If I had a horse, I would practice riding (and shooting from horse back). If I had a working sewing machine, I would hem my suit pants. If I had a group of friends I would play ultimate frisbee... but it is still windy so we would play football. If I knew how to play piano/guitar, I would practice learning a new song.
Now there is essentially nothing I can do about my leg, but I can work on the archery, the horse, the sewing machine, learning how to read music/play an instrument. So there are plenty of things that I can do, but I am fairly content to just sit around the house and continue to do essentially nothing... at least until Chuck Season 2 gets delivered Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment