Tuesday, April 3, 2012

A lil R&R

I got the day off from the bank, so I decided to make the most of it. I began my day in my regular way, weighed myself, and went downstairs for breakfast (Peanut Butter sandwich). As I was eating, I walked into the dining room, and on the table was a small package. I was expecting a delivery of a four book set of the Game of Thrones series, but this was much too small. I read the addressee name anyway, and lo and behold, IT WAS FOR ME!!! It was my copy of Armored Core (see previous posts), delivered a week ahead of schedule!
I rushed made my way upstairs, forcing myself to be calm, and began playing. It was marvelous. I was having soooooooo much fun. Then my mom called home and told me to clean the house (which would be a lot less fun). I played until 9:30 (a total of 2 hours), ate another sammich while I fixed the chain on my bike, then headed off for the marina to meet Spencer.
I arrived at 10:30, right in schedule, only to realize that I could not see a round about in the area, our agreed meeting place. I panicked a little, then decided that Spencer intended the docking yards across the river. I hopped back on my bike, and rode for the yards (which are near a round about), and he was nowhere to be seen. Slightly anxious I rode back to the marina, and found him. Excellent. It was time to ride a motorcycle.
To preface this, I have never even been on a motorized bi-ped of any kind, so I was rather nervous. He quickly ran me through the basics of the bike control (clutch, throttle, choke, front and rear brake, shifter, etc.), and then handed me the helmet. I turned on the bike (not using the kick start), and rode once around the round about in first. I was ecstatic!! I could ride a motorcycle!
Spencer was not satisfied, though. He made me ride through the parking lot, shifting as high as fourth and going as fast as 35 or 40 mph (there isn't a speedometer). Turning was by far the hardest part. If I only had to go straight on a motorcycle, I would be boss at it. Unfortunately, most destinations involve some sort or right or left direction. So, with my leather jacket and biker boots protecting me, I practiced and practiced. Not once did I fall over, hit something, or clunk out.
Then Spencer made me get on the back of the bike as he took me down Broughton drive. I think we hit 60. I was scared.
I had a wonderful time. I am very much considering buying this wonderful machine off my friend, dependent on the results of my motorcycle test at the DMV. Besides, I think it would be awesome to roll up to SNC on a motorcycle.

No comments:

Post a Comment