Monday, December 19, 2011

Thank You

I hate to cry. My lip was trembling all day during sacrament meeting yesterday. It was a farewell address for my dear friend Adam, leaving in less than a fortnight for Provo before heading to Richmond, Virginia for the next 100+ weeks. I looked into the congregation, gathered before us sitting on the front stand. I was the only person who spoke who was not a member of Adam’s family, so I felt honored to be included in the invitation to speak. All throughout the church were tears, smiles, laughter, and an overwhelming feeling of the spirit. I, of course, felt very nervous about speaking in front of 200 plus people, especially since at the very beginning of my talk I stated that I had decided NOT to serve a mission when I was younger (although later on I did state emphatically that I do want to serve one now). But I know, deep within my heart, that my faith is undeniable for me. I truly believe it. Thank you to everyone who has been an example for me. Thank you to everyone who has prodded me in the right direction. Thank you all for being a part of my life and to all who helped me choose the right.

2 comments: