Thursday, December 15, 2011

gasp!

I couldn't breath. My breath was coming in choked gulps. I could feel my stomach shuddering, desperately trying to hold back bile and what little dinner I had eaten. I was shaky; my head was swimming; my legs were cramping from exertion; my arms felt leaden. I looked up, my hands on my hips, hunched slightly. "Okay, that's 50 meters. Let's swim another 200 and then practice flip turns." I was ready to die.
I have come to the realization that I am nowhere near swimming shape. My lung capacity has never even been average for a JV swimmer; my record for holding my breath is 55 seconds, and my average is 26. My legs have ballooned in recent years from my slim 150lbs days of high school to my 180lbs frame now. I have never been able to kick well, and stop completely while taking a breath. I don't even have enough breath to do a flip turn.
This is an admission that I will be either a spectator at the Alumni Swim Meet, or doing breast stroke, seeing as how that is the least breathless event. I tried butterfly tonight, and drowned 2 thirds of the way across the pool. I did almost puke.
Did you know a day pass at the Sheboygan YMCA costs $10... HOLY CRAP!!!! I can buy dinner for two for that much (yes I take my dates to Taco Bell, thank you very much)!
I want to see the new Sherlock Holmes movie, but I do believe they have begun to take serious liberties with his character. I also look forward to seeing the Hunger Games... in 2 1/2 years.
I GET TO SING WITH MY CHURCH CHOIR TOMORROW NIGHT!!!!
I got my belated birthday gift from my brother's dear friend Tony tonight... it was VERY fitting. My sincere thanks goes out to him.
I want to eat a steak right now.
I am 3 badges deep in Pokemon Yellow right now.
I am going top bed... Good Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment