Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Two-fer tuesday

Well, that was a little awkward... (Oct 22nd)

So I had a plan. It was a good plan, as far as I was concerned. In fact, you might be able to say it was a Plan, or maybe even "A Plan." In other words, this was some big time stuff that I had planned (or Planned). I was almost certain of it. I had done what I felt was necessary to make this plan of mine effective. I had followed through and followed up. I had worked and organized. I even gave up a number of pairs of shoes to accomplish my intended outcome. Well, my plan is no longer working. It has fallen kaput. It is a broken plan. But the good news is I have a better one now.
This last week was very interesting for me. For starters, my plan was nullified. But to continue, with two weeks left in the transfer, I was removed from the Lodi 1st Ward.  I found out Monday night, and left Tuesday morning. I rode out with the sunrise, which I felt was rather poetic. Our car also got a flat on the way north toward Sacramento, which was rather less poetic. The rest of the week was a breeze. Running in the morning, some lifting, some reading of scriptures, meeting with Bishops and Stake Presidents and Stake YSA Coordinators, Elders Quorum Presidents and the like. Too be honest, I was very shocked at the love and welcome that I received. It was so inspiring and uplifting.
When things seem to be going wrong, there is always something you can do; the right thing. Pres. Thomas S. Monson said 'you can't be right by doing wrong, and you can't be wrong by doing right.' As long as we do what we know to be right, what we know to be true, everything will work out in the end. I can attest to and testify of that.

Swimming... it's hard (Oct 30th)

For most people that know me, they understand that I am not a natural swimmer (See "gasp!", posted Dec. 15th, 2011). My lower body is somewhat stocky compared to my upper body. I have thick set legs and a rather rounded and protruding rump. I have a great tendency to sick upon placing myself in the water. In fact, I spent three years trying to pass Level 3 swim classes at the local YMCA and through the Sheboygan Area Recreation Department. It was not so much that I didn't know how to swim... I simply swam from the bottom of the pool which constituted as a failing performance. Well, I have tried swimming only a mere 2 times since the Fall of 2010. Both times were with members of the wonderful and exquisite Pond family. Both times I was out performed by the women in this family. Now I would like to state that I am perfectly fine to be put to shame by that (which I guess would mean that I was not actually put to shame...) mainly due to the fact that Kjirsten is a magnificent swimmer and Sis. Pond is the sort of calmly competitive person that would, without getting in anyone's face about it, beat a Carni in a juggling competition by sheer willpower. I think about these instances of swimming and realize something; I lack conviction. I am perfectly willing to work hard as long as it isn't too difficult. I will run long, run fast, lift, read, study, but I am willing to take a break whenever it becomes taxing. I have a lot to learn from a lot of people.

No comments:

Post a Comment