Monday, November 5, 2012

Home Field Advantage

I must say that I love Packer games. After the Packers went a combined 0-6 with me in attendance, they have won the last two when I have made my presence felt. That puts a good feeling in my stomach. I felt very guilty about cheering them into defeat for the last 22 years while sitting on the benches of Lambeau Field, but the last 10 months have been much better. It was a great win for the ground game, and the defense was great on (most) third down stands. Casey Hayward gets to the ball. I was unsure about him coming out of Vandy, but he has performed better than I expected. Brad Jones has returned to his rookie form after spending far too much time being purely mediocre. Ryan Taylor can block. Defenses are going to start watching Crabtree, the ugliest man in the NFL. Rodgers showed his feet but was both high and low on way too many throws. It was good to see some hard running from Green and Starks. I miss Kuhn, Nelson, Woodson, and Jennings, and will be missing Matthews.
This past Friday, I was given the opportunity from my great-great-grandfather, Adam Mason, to fly up from south Milwaukee. He needed a plane, and asked me to accompany him in fetching one. It was a lot of fun to fly at night. I have been doing a lot of flying the last six months, and will fly again in December. To Utah, to Cali, back to Milwaukee, then flying into Sheboygan. Next month, I will fly to Denver, where my brother Tom and I will be reunited in an overt display of flamboyance that would get us court marshalled if we were in the military. From there, we shall travel to Phoenix to see our beautiful sister, her hunky hubby, and our oh-so-cute nephew. I may even run a race down there in AZ.
I have also been doing some cooking. My mother has taken to sending me recipes and telling me to just follow the directions, and wouldn't you know it, it works. Isn't that incredible? I have added Chicken White Chili and a charcoal cooked Ham to my thus far still short list of achievements, but I am working on expanding my culinary horizons.
I think that about wraps it up... except that Ke$ha and Gangnam have been stuck in my head all week.

1 comment:

  1. I don't understand... Are you still in CA? And if not, that's rather an abrupt change of blogpost themes with no heads-up! Just a lil' confused.

    ReplyDelete