Monday, September 23, 2013

The Emperor's New Groove

So I am easing back into this whole school thing, and I think I am assimilating myself quite well. And no, I do not consider myself an Emperor... I am simply a Lord.
I got a 96 on my first Econ test in 2 and a half years, and my History Professor conceded a debate to me before I even opened my mouth (but I won with my argument anyway, stating the US did not win the Cold War). I have gotten used to take home tests, something that I don't think I had ever had before. I am getting in a good amount of reading, bouncing between the Book of Mormon and The Miracle of Forgiveness (which has turned out to be an all around awesome book, and I have quoted from both in my Comparative Religions class). I have a new work out partner for at least 2 nights a week, a breakfast buddy, and am starting 6am work outs with some friends Tuesday and Thursday mornings. I am branching out socially, and meeting new people... real ones, even! I have been streaming Suits through USA Network and Sleepy Hollow from Fox. My football team is 6-2 after a 40-17 victory this weekend (the offense finally put up more than 21 points, tacking on 33 with a defensive fumble recovery for a touchdown). I am eating healthier than I was this summer (turns out that cottage cheese is a pretty good substitute for salad dressing. I eat about 15 such salads a week). I've lost 10 pounds this year. The terrible blisters in my feet are almost wholly healed. I attended church in Beloit, then Stake Conference in Green Bay (new Stake President), and then was back in Sheboygan in consecutive weeks. I have had fun conversations with friends about haircuts, babies, cars, fantasy football, real football, running, and relationships. My car battery died, and after getting a jump the car works a little better (Bam-Bam now dings at me to let me know that my door is open. Fancy that). I watched Atlantis and some of the characters reminded me of a couple friends (hope no one is offended). I was compared to Clark Kent, and then Jerry Seinfeld at a dance. I have found a new person to quote random movie lines with :) I just now found out that the school library does not have any Nicholas Sparks books in their inventory :( I met two freshman who don't watch movies or read >:( I dreamed I got locked out of my room >:() 
To make a long story short (too late), I think life is going pretty darn well as of late.

No comments:

Post a Comment