Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Save the date!!!

I has a car… I bought me a car… it’s a nice car… I like my car…
So, in case you didn’t notice, I have been car shopping quite a bit recently, and I finally succumbed and bought a ’97 Saturn. It is a 5 speed manual transmission with 100 horsepower on the nose. It is somewhat lacking in zip from the starting line, but my little car seems serviceable enough for my intentions and gets me where I need to go faster than running does. I spent a large portion of my first day with it, attempting to determine what gender my car is. I do think it is a girl. It has a feminine feeling about it. Any name suggestions?
Two more things that I take to be of import; I have need of two dates (now the term 'date' is simply in reference here to 'one who is willing to set aside the time to attend said function with me' and does not connotate a romantic connection betwixt us. This invitation is also gender neutral). 
First date; I will be working at the annual Roncalli Riverside Auction and I have two tickets, so I need someone to come with me. It is a fantastic time, a night of window shopping, with tons of Silent Auction items and a large selection of Oral Auction items. They will need to be a somewhat self-sufficient date, as I will be working for a great portion of the oral auction, and they will therefore be with out me. Anyone who wants to attend but does not want to be my date, feel free to talk to me and I can get you tickets for $5 apiece. Must be 21 to attend, as alcohol is available for purchase.
The second date I am looking for involves more of a commitment; it requires reading a book and then going to a movie. The book and movie are both titled Ender’s Game. The book is a family favorite, and I found the movie poster last week and freaked out audibly at work. I involves child prodigies molded into military leaders, invading aliens hordes, and inter personal and familial struggles that could determine the fate of the human race. Fan freakin’ tastic book!
Then there was Easter. I am growing to love Easter more each year, and trying to focus my thoughts on the Atonement and Resurrection more. Our service on Sunday was wonderful and full of the Spirit. I learned a number of things that I had not thought about before. I gained further testimony of the truth of my faith and the love of my Savior. I love this Gospel and the light and hope it gives me.
For Easter Dinner, my family went to my grandmother’s house, and we had a fantastic meal. I devoured a huge serving of her candied sweet potatoes and ate about half the ham. My mom had a triple decker triple chocolate torte, and even the salad was magnificent. I ate too much, but loved it!
Additionally, I have started a new blog to go in line with this one. It is called Skills, Technique, and Coordination. I named the blog in honor of the venerable Elder Adam James Berg. He is 15 months into his mission now and will be home in another 9 months and a week. I very much look forward to his return. The title is derived from his spectacular ability to couch potatoes for months at a time, and then dominate a game of pick up soccer or ultimate Frisbee. Any time he would pull off an acrobatic catch, of a spectacular dive, he would shake it off and just say he was gifted with “skills, technique and coordination,” abbreviated as simply “skills.” The new blog is rather narcissistic, being entirely about my workouts, diet, weight, and measurables, but I like the prospect of having a centralized place to track my progress in all things physical. So if you will follow it, enjoy!
 

1 comment:

  1. Ethan is reading Ender's Game right now and Mark and I have both read it awhile ago. The movie looks interesting.

    ReplyDelete