Thursday, March 28, 2013

Getting down to a size zero can be relatively easy, me thinks... I'm doing it!

A number of fun things happened to me this week, and yet my spirits are lower than they have been in a while. It kinda stinks when that happens; you get engaged in all the fun and interesting and exciting activities that you have been so looking forward to… and yet your life seems worse. It’s like going to a theme park for a day, being all bouncy with anticipation and then you feel upset or discouraged or whatever the entire time you’re there and then depressed (not clinically, simply in a mood dampened relative to your norm) the entire drive home because you didn’t enjoy it. Well, that is somewhat how I feel. There is so much I am looking forward to, but I keep failing my own expectations and falling short.
Well that is enough of the sad stuff, so on to the things I had been looking forward to. I am on a new diet that is actually going fairly well, but I it is a temporary diet at best and I will be making a transition at the end of the month. I have controlled my appetites far more than I have succumbed to the thoughts of wanting a snack or thinking I’m hungry. I have been drinking ample amounts of water, exercising with regularity, added more stretching and some relaxing meditation, and have cut down my body weight from 185 at the end of February to 171 as of Wednesday morning (but I had a very lazy day Tuesday with regards to getting up from watching Dr Who and eating, so I think I am actually generally at about 173). My goal was to get my body fat percentage to 6% by the end of the month, and I have one more week to realize that goal. Huzah!
Then there is Rugby. I have had a conditioning practice and then a full contact practice in the past week. Both of them went relatively well, and I feel more explosive and powerful than I did a year ago when I first decided to play rugby. I have a three team tournament April 13th, and I have a great deal of work to be ready for it, but I eagerly anticipate the crushing contact of full speed rugby. Our team is a bit small (total member wise and average weight wise), so I believe we will be playing a lot of speed packages, so to speak. This means I should see the field quite a lot.
Then there is football. I missed our second practice because I had to work, but I have been doing a bit of my own training methods (some with rugby) to get ready for the start of official practices so I hope to not be too far behind. I had so much fun at that first practice, and I have been dreaming of playing for my whole life. This is the thing I am most looking forward to. It’s football. It’s freakin’ awesome. It is amazing! It is a sport I love that I have never had a chance to play, and now I am taking life by the horns and yelling in its face that this is something I am going to do so it better bloody well accept it! That was a little bit more fiery than I anticipated.
Then there is news on another front; I have (once again) been re-accepted to St Norbert College. Thank you, thank you, I am really looking forward to those beautiful trees in the fall and the river frozen over and the Zumba classes (but I may no longer be going to Zumba without Sarah Christensen teaching the class anymore :(  ), the cafeteria, the classes, and definitely my dear friends. I will return!
And now; donuts. I love donuts, and I found a recipe for donuts, so I might very well make donuts on Friday, my next ‘cheat day.’ I will attempt to shovel as much food in my mouth as I can that day, and donuts seem like a great thing to shovel. I also don’t work until 11, so I have all morning to make donuts and then I can take them to work and save money by not buying my regular cheat foods; donuts (of course), Little Debbie, Snickers, chocolate milk, Oreos, and whatever other snacks, treats, and goodies jump into my fanciful imagination. Massive sandwiches, fat and greasy burgers, chicken nuggets, disgustingly tasty Taco Bell, Cheetos and chips, whatever my fancy runs I gobble it up. Oh, am I looking forward to Friday now!

1 comment: