Saturday, April 20, 2013

Life seems to get in the way of living...

It is another two for one this week as I didn't post at all last week even though I wrote it. So, here goes!

April 12th

Someone came into the bank today. They were rather hysterical. They were cussing quite a bit. No less than 3 f-bombs crossed their lips in the first sentence they spoke. It turns out they knew someone, and this person had what authorizes considered an intimate connection with someone who, let’s say, was wanted… by the authorities… and by authorities I mean government agencies that are charged with apprehending people.
It turns out that the police and other law enforcement agencies had drawn a connection between this vulgar mouthed individual and their wanted criminal. Because of their suspicions that the criminal would attempt to flee to and hide at the home of the potty mouth, they had actually been staking the home out for quite some time. Not only that, they had asked a third person who was relatively close to our manic individual if they would be willing to wear a wire and strike up a conversation regarding the criminal at large. I couldn’t believe it; the authorities really do wire people and send them in! When they could not find evidence of the fugitive staying in the home and having gotten no information through the wire, they decided a more forward and effective approach would be to surround this frazzle person with cop cars… in the Festival Foods parking lot, no less. Well, hands in the air and shaking like mad, they told the police in as straight forward a way as they could that there was no love lost betwixt them and the wanted person, and if they did have information, it would have been shared with the po-po long before.
What a great Friday!
Now, to business. The great conundrum of my life occurs most every night; Dr. Who or Top Gear? The more I look up the episode list for Top Gear, the more I want to watch it. But there is a whole slew of characters in Dr. Who that I am anxiously waiting to meet. Jeremy, Hammond, and James are hilarious in their own ways, but the erratic qualities of a David Tennant driven Doctor are ‘fantastic’, to quote the previous Doctor. What to do?
We have also been going through quite an upheaval at work. Another employee is no longer here, so we are back to working the branch with 4 people. This branch is designated to operate with about 275 man hours a week, and we are trying to cover it all  with 175 hours. Its overtime for everyone! But it is rather tiring and difficult to find time for rugby or football practice, or even simply karaoke. I have not done karaoke since the first Thursday in March. It has been far too long and I miss it very much, but there just isn’t time. Then there is school. I am having to jump through a bunch of hoops in order to get everything in place to return to school. It really is not that much fun at all. It is rather obnoxious, but I do really want to complete my degree, and even just getting back to school will be a ton of fun! I am very much looking forward to it, but this whole tax forms crap is pretty dang annoying.
Speaking of St. Norbert, I had lunch at Acuity Insurance yesterday, and I felt like I was back in the caf. I saw 6 SNC grads in a matter of 3 minutes. It was pretty cool to see them and talk with a couple of them, even if one of them did think I was my older brother. I may want to work there after school.


April 20th
It has been a rather long week for me. My Manager told me he wanted me to have less overtime, so he said I could go home early on Friday. I stayed an hour later. Because of this, they told me to come in late this morning. I came in early. Oh, and stayed a half hour later. 49 hours of pay this week. And a 48.75 coming in May, and that is what is already scheduled, which I may very well work more than! We need bankers! SO APPLY!!!
Now that that is out of the way, I have been working out with Mark and Liam again this week, including this morning. It was a long and arduous workout, but nearly worth. I think I could have done better, but my diet this week has been atrocious. I have been living off of Kwik Trip Glazers and Little Debbie fudge rounds and Pringles for lunch. I'm serious. 5 days this week, I ate nothing but processed sweets! I feel like death. I don't want to move. My body aches. I'm always tired. This is no way to live! I hate it. I want sandwiches and pasta, pizza and salads, gyros and pork chops, ham and chicken. I love that stuff! It tastes good, it's healthy, and I do actually prefer it. There are no fantastic glazers or magnificent fudge rounds. They all taste the same. But a well seasoned and prepared lamb chop that melts and soaks your mouth with tasty, bloody goodness (sorry to all the vegetarians out there) or a salad with fine and zesty parm and exploding with taste cherry tomatoes (sorry carnivores) is far beyond that manufactured taste. But I am lazy.
I am also rather broken. I have been limping all week, and my injury knowledgeable Bank Manager tells me I may have a fractured heel in my right foot. Right then! On to the Doctor you say? NO! Too expensive and time consuming. Also, I prefer The Doctor (as is Who) to the MDs of the world (except my Brother). I have watched two seasons this past week. If I am not at work, sleeping, or working out, I am watching the Doctor. So I will be heading back to that now. 
Allon-sy!

No comments:

Post a Comment