Thursday, January 10, 2013

Not as Soon as I Would Like

I used to try and post to my blog each and every day. Then, the college football regular season ended, and I was only posting every 2 or 3 days. Then, the Packers were eliminated from the playoffs, and I didn’t post for 2 months… okay, it didn’t quite go like that, but it is kinda close. I was pumping out posts like crazy when I first started, but then on my mission I could only post once a week, and I found that worked fairly well. There are some instances that will make it better for me to post more often, when something important arises. This is that type of post.
My plans to return to school have been put off another semester. I was offered my old position back at the bank, and I accepted. I will be working here for a number of months in preparation of returning to school. This was not the only factor keeping me from returning to school. I did not get a reply from the Admissions office until late November, and then I did not receive a financial aid package until mid December. Because of this, I was unable to even begin to sign up for classes until everyone else, including procrastinating Freshman, had already snatched everything up, leaving me to take classes that A) I didn’t need, B) I had already taken, or C) that were at 3 in the morning.  I want to only spend another 2 semesters at school, and going back this next semester would be far too costly relative to the minimal progress I would make on my degree.
It was a decision I wrestled with. Even though I was given a raise, and flexible hours, and every Sunday off work, it was a wrestle within myself to decide to not return. I want so badly to be back at St. Norbert, to wach the ice flow down the Fox, to see the leaves turn and fall across campus, to get to see my friends more than just those rare occasions when I can come up. The biggest reason for me to return this spring had nothing to do with academics; it was solely for the opportunity to see you all again. I am sorry to those who greatly anticipated my return. I will be doing what I can to visit, which I know is nowhere near the same. Take care, enjoy your graduations, many of you, and I look forward to a return.

1 comment:

  1. Well, on the bright side we get to graduate together!!

    ReplyDelete