Thursday, January 17, 2013

I'm sure I have time somewhere...

After a few brief weeks of being a bit of a social butterfly, my friend Brian went back to New York state, and since then I have only socialized once. Ouch. I was really starting to get into it. I was having fun. I was trying new things. I played Just Dance 3 which is friggin awesome!!! Karaoke was tons of fun as well. Instead, I find myself either working or at home. Even though I have a stack of books to read, I have stagnated on that as well. I haven’t gone for an honest run in weeks. I am really not sure what it is. But it isn’t all bad. I am so very glad that Castle is back on the air. For my mom’s birthday last week we watched the first new episode of the year, and it was fantastic. We also started re-watching Firefly. I am not sure what it is, but Nathan Fillion just seems to be a great actor for our family. Well, those that are still home. Both my brothers have bones to pick with Fillion, Castle, and Firefly. Where my mom and I find the smarmy arrogance of Fillion’s characters fun and an addition to the show, T and Brando find it irritating. That is what I have been able to gather from them thus far, at least. Even his roles as Captain Hammer and the OB/GYN in Waitress fit his perceived persona perfectly. To be quite honest, he probably is rather like that in real life, but I do not know seeing as I have never met him. It is a great deal of fun to look back into old episodes after watching new ones and see how much weight he has gained, though. It is also fun to realize other roles he has been in, such as watching Saving Private Ryan and realizing he is the other Private Ryan that does not need to be saved because he is not Matt Damon. Fun stuff! But 1 episode three days a week is far short of the rate I was watching them before I had a job. That really takes up my time.
So I think what I am getting at is if anyone is in Sheboygan and is looking for a good time, please come up with a good idea, cause I ain’t got none, and try and catch me when I’m not working. But I guess what I'm kinda trying to say is, does anyone know how to squeeze a movie in the 37 minute time window I have available?

No comments:

Post a Comment