Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Picture time? But my hair is a mess!

This past Monday, a member of the St. Norbert College Admissions office came charging into the cafeteria, and announced to the entire area that I was in "Everyone of you, get down to the river now. We are taking photos for school publications!" I looked at Alex deadpan and said "But my hair is a mess!" Well, he pleaded again before rushing off, and I decided to go along, so I ran some water over my mop of hair, ran my fingers through it, and headed to the river. It was fun, but also really awkward. I was walking around campus with people I hadn't met before with a man yelling "Laugh more! Have fun! Be more animated! Go back and do it again!" in a firm yet friendly tone.
In more important news, the Manitowoc County Mariners won the Central Division Title, and earned a first round bye following a 42-0 win over the DC Braves. We will take on the Untouchables out of West Bend at home (in Two Rivers) Saturday, October 26th, with the winner advancing to the League Championship game! I am so excited for this! The last game we had against the Untouchables was also the last one we lost. Since then, our offense has begun to click, our running game has really gotten going, and our defense has been dominant! Since giving up 35 points in our first 2 games, they have only allowed 44 in the last 7, and scored 8 touchdowns themselves, and the special teams has added 3 touchdowns of their own. I am really excited for this match up!
I recently started working my way through the complete works of Jane Austen. I read Pride and Prejudice at the beginning of the year, but after watching the Jane Austen Book Club (which I absolutely loved!!!!), I decided to read the rest. I am currently working my way through Persuasion, and it is wonderful. I love her characters!
I am also working out on a more regular basis thanks to the White Russian, Maksim. We work out three nights a week, and we are working on getting more guys to join us. I need to start some sprint workouts, though, because I really don't feel as fast as I used to be.
Hrmmmm, what else? Go Pack go! On Wisconsin! Go BYU!
Ta-Ta!

No comments:

Post a Comment