Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Ender Excitement


The biggest portion of my life right now is class selection. That is right. I am going through the near arduous task of picking what subjects to suffer through after not being a student for more than two years. I have also added a Major to my course load, but really it is simply upping my History minor to a major.  If everything goes as planned, I will be able to finish up everything in a normal two semesters.
Now come the questions though; I need to know which natural science course to take (yeah, I still haven’t taken my GS4) as well as an Upper level Biennium 1. None of the upper religion classes seem exceptionally appealing to me, and only a few are even moderately appealing. Can people just start throwing me some suggestions on which courses are easy, profs to avoid, simple labs, inexpensive text books, etc. I don’t want to head back to school with an overly strict ‘be exactly obedient you simple students’ teacher. I know it is college, but I can still go through it relaxed and a bit laid back. It got me this far.
Some other news includes the graduation of my cousin Andrew. He finished up his senior year at Notre Dame academy in GB and looks forward to spending some time in Sheboygan this summer. I will be excited to have him around. I have some fun workouts that I want him to be a part of. We will be testing him out this next weekend when he joins our Saturday morning group. Last week for the Satruday workout, as I mentioned in my fitness blog, Mark and I started the workout alone, so we figured we would throw ourselves into the 300 workout. Mark made it to the end of the ab routine, took a minute break, then heaved up whatever he had put down so far that morning behind the barn. By the time he tossed, my legs were already shaking fairly uncontrollably. Most everything was tough to do, but I found that a static hold of the weight was particularly troublesome; it is something I never train at, so I am going to tray and lock out my arms for a couple team exercises this weekend, and see how tough and challenging that is. Also, the plain old deadlift. I have not done a great deal of dead lift recently for a few reasons, but between the floor wipers and deadlift, my back and abs, my whole friggin core, is still rather sore. But I completed the workout in 18:29 on my first try.
I am also reading Ender’s Game again. I found someone who would read it this summer, and I am hoping they like it so that they will go see the movie with me come November, but I decided I wanted to read it before I lend my book out, so I am trying to sneak reading time in wherever I can, and I’m doing a pretty good job of it, as long as I stay awake. I love this book so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment