Thursday, January 16, 2014

Old News Thursday

So the last post I made regarding our decrepit dog, Jenna. It is with a heavy heart I tell you she passed. We took her to the vet, and they claimed she was the most peaceful animal they had ever worked with. They also want her picture for their offices. It is very, very sad, so I, of course, try and not think about it.
To lift spirits a bit relative to the nasty feelings many of you may be feeling, I have brighter news. I learned a song on piano. Now, I have claimed to have little to no musical talent, so I am very, VERY proud to say that it took me 12 hours (many of them spent eating, sleeping, and playing video games) to learn to play 'Say Something' by A Great Big World. I feel far more accomplished than I did upon waking up.
Also, I have a throwback story. When I was a child I enjoyed running. I mean, I really liked it. I didn't learn to ride a bike until I was 10 because I figured I could run everywhere. The only reason I eventually learned to ride was so that I could have a motorcycle when I grew up. Anyway, I used to  race my mom to the corner. She would pull out of the driveway, line up, and we would take off for the corner. It used to be my thing with my mom. I loved it... and then I forgot about it. So the other morning, after another nice snow, I was up before the buttcrack of dawn to clear our driveway of snow, and move the cars so my mom could leave. I am in a rather foul mood at this point. I walk back across the street as my mom backs out, and as she starts to drive away she yells out her window "race you to the corner!" It wasn't until she was already there that I remembered our races. It cheered me up a great deal.
The last news I have is regarding dinner; I made it. I made ribs, a nice salad, and rice. It was delicious! The meat was falling off the bone, the tomatoes were nice and juicy, the cheeses tasty, the rice soft yet not mushy. It was a wonderful meal, and it was all my doing! I ain't some good for nothing kid! I can cook!

No comments:

Post a Comment