Monday, August 19, 2013

Summer vacation is OVER!

Now that I am no longer covering shifts for the sick or vacationing, and will no longer be working over time, it is time to catch up on the last 3 months.
First, it was a good summer. Not great; I didn't get out much, spent a ton of time indoors, didn't hang out with friends a lot, and missed a couple family vacations. But there were definite positives.
My brother Tom came in for a visit. It was very touching. He came out to us, which was not at all unexpected. He made it a point to be open and verbal, and we all simply loved him a little bit more for it. The rest of his visit I spent working, though, which put a damper on things.
Also, my sister's youngest, Silas, has been growing like a weed. He is a little squealer now, and creaks and croaks at the phone and his brother all the time. He is adorable.
My younger sister is getting set to go to college, and I am really glad that she is taking this step, because a year ago I was unsure if she would.
My brother Brandon in stressing his way through Med School and has been begging me to do any semblance of fantasy football with him. It is his biggest release, and he had a countdown to our draft all the way back in June. I love that dude.
For me personally, though, I am getting set to go back to school. I have gotten all signed up for classes and gotten my housing all sorted. I was hoping to be able to room with a freshman, but I guess SNC changed the policy this year that first years had to room with first years. I have a great Monday and Friday schedule with only one class and it starts at noon. I have a night class Tuesday and Thursday, meaning I really have about 8 hours of classes during the day Tuesday through Thursday. I love it!
Also, Church yesterday was incredible. The three talks given during our Sacrament meeting all dealt with questions or concern that had been going through my head. Each one was different, but the common threads were there and obvious to me. The Bishop, Bro. Slawny and Bro. Torres all said things that spoke to my heart and helped direct me. It was incredible.
Last; Irish Fest is AMAZING! Gaelic Storm rocks my socks, and also heard a new group named Goitse. There were Irish wolfhounds, terriers and spaniels, men in kilts, green everywhere (though in large part they were simply Packer jerseys), and lots and lots of beer. I think I may go next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment