Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mommy's are the best!

Today is my sister's first Mother's Day. She has a gorgeous, yodeling, wild haired boy. She has a handsome Sicilian for a husband. I find her to be one of the strongest personalities I have ever met. When she knows what to do, she does it. I love her, and wish her family the best. We are on the phone with her and her fam, and her baby is chortling. I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!
Now, to talk about my own mom.
On April 14th, I was able to convince my mother to buy the first season of Chuck. Three hours into watching the show, we had already ordered season 2 on DVD off Amazon. By the time I was half way through season 2, we had order seasons 3 and 4, and pre-ordered season 5. We connected ourselves to special events in the characters lives as the show progressed, including buying chess puffs, dressing up for the wedding (Awesome and Ellie get married at the end of season 2. Sorry to spoil it) and buying bottles of bubbly. We would drink fruit juice from wine glasses while watching White Collar, and eat yogurt with Michael Westen in Burn Notice. We squealed with delight at the union of Scarecrow and Mrs. King (1970's and 80's TV show), and  giggled madly at the fight choreography.
We have had an enormous amount of fun watching so many seasons of so many shows in the last year. It has been thoroughly enjoyable. I leave my family in less than a month, and I will miss my mom the most. I did not realize that until now, but there is little that my mom has done that I would argue against.
For everyone who loves their mother (and to quote Meg Ryan "Everyone loves their mother. Even people that hate their mothers love their mother."), thank them for everything they have done. I cannot even begin to fathom the will power it took to not give up on me when I was a kid.
Thank you mom, for everything I know you have done, for everything I don;t know that you have done for me, and for so much more that I know that you will be doing for me in the future. Love you tons.

1 comment: